Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Stop and Be in the Moment

All week I have had an uneasy feeling in my gut.  A nervous, unsettling feeling, like something is just not right, something is off in my world.  But there seems to be nothing really "wrong" or off that I can find.  So I am just sitting with that feeling and keeping an eye out on my world, and the people in it.

I say this because yesterday I was driving in town, as I do every day, heading to work out.  And I stopped in the middle of town at a crosswalk because I mourning dove was crossing the road.  Yes a bird, a mourning dove specifically.  No she wasn't flying, she was walking across the street, using the crosswalk.  She didn't appear to be injured, and she didn't stop when she saw me coming.  I guess she knew that I would stop.

Is this a sign, who knows?  But it did make me stop for just a moment, get out of my head and enjoy this moment right here in front of me.  The beauty of the bird.  The oddity of stopping to let the bird cross the road.  And the humor in the bird using the crosswalk.

No comments: