Monday, September 12, 2016

Oh What a Week!

Last week was National Suicide Prevention week.  Yes, I know, before this year I did not know there was a National Suicide Prevention week, I didn't realize how many people lose their lives to suicide each year. Even though my life has been touched by suicide I really went through it alone, for years.  This last week was just full of emotions as I tried to blog and share items on facebook important to understanding and preventing suicide.  I cried, I remembered, I laughed, I shared stories of my father and of my experience.

I am glad I found the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.  In reading about them, this is an organization that works to understand suicide and prevention, and lobbies for understanding of mental health as equally important in complete health care as physical health.  In harvesting important mental healthcare legislation, just think of other issues that will be lifted up along with suicide prevention.  They support suicide loss survivors as well as suicide survivors.  Just amazing work, on a critical issue.

I am going to post this again here as well as post it on my facebook page from time to time until the walk begins.  My family and I are walking Out of the Darkness, in Asheville, North Carolina.  We are raising money for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.  I am asking all of my friends to really look into your hearts and give what you can toward this goal.  Click here to be taken to our page, donating is easy.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Pam


No comments: