Wednesday, September 21, 2016

His Eye Is On the Sparrow

This was my mother's favorite hymn.  Gosh she couldn't carry a tune at all, but she would always sing in church, in the car, around the house.  I can just picture her smiling and singing now. And she loved this hymn, she loved Sundays when Ronald Dolloff would sing this as a solo in church.  He sang this song at her funeral.

I was driving to the gym yesterday and somehow it hit me, I don't know why.  I can't remember now if a bird flew over the road or what it was but I started thinking about this song and about my mom.  For some reason I couldn't remember the words to the song.  I have spent enough hours in church growing up, and in the choir as a young adult that I know most hymns by heart.  And generally I can recall this song, when I think of my mom.  But yesterday I couldn't.  That brought me to tears.  It felt in my heart like I was forgetting pieces of her.  That felt so wrong.  I want to remember every single bit of my mom.

So I came home and found the song on youtube.  No, it isn't Ronnie Dolloff singing, so the same memories are not the same.  But it helped me remember the words.

No comments: