Thursday, August 18, 2016

Herbal Conference...Are You Going?

OK it is that time of year again, time to pre register for the Southeast Women Herbal Conference.  I didn't attend last year, I didn't have enough money to do that AS WELL AS visiting family back home in Maine. So last year I chose Maine.  Turns out it was a wise choice as the conference had so much rain, and with several of the sessions being held in huge tents, probably made for a less than stellar event.  Although I bet those women made the best of it and had a great time anyway.

I have been going back and forth about attending this year.  I love Dr Jody Noe, she is an awesome speaker, and I also enjoy listening to Sarah Thomas, both are exceptional speakers and so knowledgeable, I really feel like I learn a lot from them both.  Dr Noe always has one or two sessions that really go in depth, and are more advanced.  I like that, I feel like I have the basics down pat, and enjoy going in depth into a topic.  But the early bird price is $280 and the deadline is August 19.

I heard a week or so ago that Rising Appalachia, will be there.  Love their music, so that swayed my decision and I registered on Sunday.  I will be attending.  I will be the one in the back of the room, hoping that the sessions are NOT interactive.  Or maybe I will just jump outside my box and actually talk to a stranger.  I can do that right?!

Here is a piece by Rising Appalachia, maybe it will sway you as well:



So if you are interested you can find out the schedule, sessions, teachers and all the details of registration and lodging at the Southeast Wise Women web site.  I hope I see you there!

Here is a little video about the conference, background music is by Rising Appalachia. I remember that now, like muscle memory, remembering what it felt like to stretch and learn and be joyful on my own, in my own space, and I remember hearing Rising Appalachia for the very first time there.:



Watching that video, reminds me so much of what I love about that conference, it just makes me want to go back, I remember that feeling now.

No comments: