Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Red, White and Bluegrass: Front Country

Jackson and I spent the holiday weekend at the Red, White and Bluegrass Festival in Morganton.  It has become a yearly event for us and I so enjoy seeing and hearing all the groups that perform, but I especially enjoy finding a group that I had never heard of before and falling in love with their music.  Nothing better than that new discovery, for me.  Saturday it was a band called "Front Country".  I had never heard of them before. Their music is not traditional bluegrass music, they take bluegrass music and put their own spin on it. Just real progressive, the lead singer, Melody Walker, called it California Bluegrass.  So I bought their CD and am now a fan.

Take a listen:



You can find their tour dates and information on their web site.


No comments: