Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Sun Hat and Baby Blanket: Patterns

I made these two items recently and decided to post them together in one post.  The first is a raffia yarn, sun hat pattern I created. I used just two balls of the Yashi raffia yarn, which you can purchase at my favorite yarn shop, O'Suzannah's Yarn on Union.  She has a variety of solid and variegated colors.  Once I finished I used some cording I had in my craft stash for the strap and a $1 plastic pull that I picked up at a chain craft store.



Sun Hat

2 balls raffia yarn, 124 yards per ball
Size F crochet hook 13 sc and 16 rows = 4 inches

Ch – chain
sc – single crochet


Top of hat:

-Ch 3, slip stitch into first chain made to form a circle.
-6 sc in center of loop, making a circle
-2 sc in each sc around. Place a marker on your first stitch so you know where the beginning of the round is, move the marker up the rounds as you crochet.  (12 sts)
-*2 sc in first sc, 1 sc in next sc, repeat from * around (18 sc)
-*2 sc in first sc, sc in next 2 sc, repeat from * around (24 sc)
-*2 sc in first sc, sc in next 3 sc, repeat from * around (30 sc)
-*2 sc in first sc, sc in next 4 sc, repeat from * around (36 sc)
-*2 sc in first sc, sc in next 5 sc, repeat from * around (42 sc)
-*2 sc in first sc, sc in next 6 sc, repeat from * around (48 sc)
-*2 sc in first sc, sc in next 7 sc, repeat from * around (54 sc)
-*2 sc in first sc, sc in next 8 sc, repeat from * around (60 sc)
-*2 sc in first sc, sc in next 9 sc, repeat from * around (66 sc)

Body of hat:

-sc in each sc around, until body/side of hat measures 4 ½ inches. Move stitch marker as you work.

Brim of hat:
-*2 sc in first sc, sc in next sc, repeat from * around
-sc in each sc
-sc in each sc
-*2 sc in first sc, sc in next 4 sc, repeat from * around
-sc in each sc
-sc in each sc
-*2 sc in first sc, sc in next 3 sc, repeat from * around
-sc in each sc
Repeat last round 4 more times

Weave in loose ends
  



This second pattern is not my pattern but I love the look.  I used it to make a baby blanket for a friend but this would make anyone a lovely afghan.  

You can find this pattern on Ravelry, it is called the Bubble Baby Blanket, it is a free Ravelry download.  Easy knit pattern, you will enjoy making this afghan.




No comments: