Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Can't Turn Off My Brain

Ugh!  Sunday night was one of those nights, which made it harder to get up out of bed Monday morning.  I just couldn't turn off my brain.  Well that isn't quite right, I did fall asleep as usual.  BUT around 2:00 AM I was wide awake and thinking about everything under the sun.  Really....EVERYTHING.

I started out thinking about life and death, and why those things are important on a Monday morning at 2 AM.  Why things happen the way they do, what am I to learn from all of it.  Which of course led to thinking about my life, am I happy, am I following my interests and passions, are there things I am missing out on that I should be thinking about?  From there I started thinking about parenting, OK so we have all had these thoughts, although probably not in the wee hours of the morning.  I just HAD to think about every parenting decision I have every made, analyze each choice and once again ponder it all.  I then started thinking about where we are living.  Do I like it here?  Is there any other place I would love to live?  When thinking about this I had to mull over my garden, which is..after all...located on the property where we currently reside.  Is there anything I want to add to my garden this year, and remember, at a more reasonable time, to make a list of changes for next year?  And thinking about my garden and where we live, is this area progressive enough, can we live here with the friends we have now, is it enough, do we need a change, do I need a change?

So you get the picture, it was one of those nights.  I think I fell back asleep somewhere around 5:00 just in time for Jackson's alarm to go off at 5:30 and my busy Monday to start....AGAIN.

And in case you were wondering...I am following my interests and passions, I am happy and always working toward more of what makes me happy.  I love the friends we have here and we are living in exactly the right spot for us in this moment in time.  My boys are happy and loving life (all three of them), and they are always a reminder that my life is just awesome and we work so well together as a team, all of us.

No comments: