Monday, May 16, 2016

Miracle Morning Update

So I have been participating in the Miracle Morning for over a month now.  If you haven't read the book, The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM), the premise is that there are things you should be doing daily, in the morning that will improve your life, help you to live a level 10 life.  Those things include, time in silence, writing/journaling, reading, exercise, saying affirmations, and visualization.

I actually have been exercising regularly anyway, although not in the morning generally.  I meditate, but not really on a regular basis.  I also journal daily and read quite a bit, although I probably don't read daily.  I have never visualized my day or my life before.  I do set goals and track habits and tasks that help me reach my goals.  I don't really say affirmations either.  Not that there aren't affirmation and sayings that I like, but I don't repeat affirmations to myself or aloud on a daily basis.

So, I know if you are wondering if my life changed dramatically.  Well, no not really.  I am a pretty positive person, and I do set goals and work toward goals and dreams.  But doing all of this stuff in the morning has not made anything fall into place, it hasn't suddenly motivated me to do more, be more.  I have had no epiphany, no awakening, no sudden burst of energy to tackle the day by just doing these things consistently every day, every morning.

I do still get up around 5:30 every morning, I have been doing that for years.  And I do like some activity in the morning, so I think I will keep doing my yoga in the morning, followed up by a Curves workout (generally around 10:00 AM).  I like sitting in silence after my yoga, so I am keeping that one.  And I have enjoyed reading consistently every morning, so I think I will keep the reading and journaling as well.  So this will be MY miracle morning...yoga, silence, reading, journaling.  Because I enjoy them.  And the rest can go. I am not saying you should not try your own Miracle Morning experiment.  I have met some wonderful people who were also giving the Miracle Morning a try.  Many of them have found life affirming benefits.  So give it a try if you are curious.  I hope you find just what you are looking for!

Hmmm I see now it was guaranteed to transform my life, says so right in the title.  Wonder if I can get my money back.

No comments: