Thursday, May 12, 2016

GSC 2016 Update

OK so over a month later and things are going great.  I have gotten rid of so much STUFF.  It feels great. Things feel like they have a place. But I am not finished, I have one BIG project left and a couple of small things. The BIG project is all my craft stuff, too much and too disorganized.  I am excited to dive in, purge and reorganize.  That will just make things so much easier.

But I am not touching Jackson's stuff or the boys either.  The boys are actually pretty neat and keep their things organized in their rooms for the most part.  Jackson on the other hand....oh yea.  This is something I struggle with.  Not that I want to clean, purge or organize his stuff.  I accepted LONG ago that he really likes to hang onto things.  And, for the most part, I am OK with that. I just wish I didn't have to look at it daily. I think that it is his stuff, he knows I would help if he wanted it. Our bedroom is just as much his space as it is mine.  Most of it is organized and very much zen like for me.  I have my altar space, my bedside stand that is clean and organized.  But every day I have to look at this:


Ugghhh!, Yes he leaves his closet door open, I did not open it for the picture.  He tosses his things and clothes everywhere, well not everywhere, but in that corner.  It makes me feel unsettled to look at it.  The door to the bedroom is just to the left in the photo, and there is a dresser to the right.  I know many of you feel my pain, and others probably do not see what I mean.  Whew, not sure how to get used to this, or find a way to change it or hide it from my view, that does not impact his way of living in the space in a negative way.  If anyone has a ideas please comment, I would love to hear what you have done in your own home.  

No comments: