Monday, March 28, 2016

My Miracle Morning Experiment

I finished the book The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM) by Hal Elrod.  There are some great inspirational quotes in there and he does have some motivational things to say.  One quote I did write down in my own journal, so I would reread it again and again is "Don't place unnecessary limitations on what you want for your life.  Think bigger than you've allowed yourself to think up until this point."  I really liked that affirmation and I think it applies to so many areas in life.  So many limiting beliefs that we tell yourselves, or family or friends tell us or think about us.  A quote worth remembering. 



But the idea of the book is living a level 10 life.  And while I don't have the same priorities as he does, I think this can also be adapted to any life.  Areas where, on a scale of one to ten, you want to live at a ten.  

And of course, the title of the book The Miracle Morning. The philosophy that there are things, in his research, you could be doing in the morning to enhance, your life and bring you to that level ten life you want.  
So I will be doing those things until the end of April and see if it transforms my life.  I have been doing it for a couple of days now and...yeah...nothing transformative so far.  Many of the things on his list, I have been doing during my day anyway, just not in the morning.  So I guess it is helping me get things done earlier in the day.  Maybe that will be transformative in the long run.  A couple of the newer notions I need to "get used to".  So they become more automatic.  We shall see, I will update at the end of April.

Anyone else out there use the Miracle Morning routine.  I would love to hear your feedback, just leave me a comment.  How has this transformed your life?  Anyone NOT see any noteworthy results?  Others just on this journey, getting started?  

Love you all, to be brave enough to go inside and search out those places where you want to do better and be better, and courageous enough to really work for the change!

No comments: