Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Portland Head Light

We spent one day in Portland.  It was just a nice relaxing day, walking along the waterfront, looking in shops, eating donuts.  And we made a short stop at the Portland Head Light.  I had never been here before, as with so many places in Maine.  I guess when you live somewhere you just don't "do" the touristy things. So this was new for me as well.  I did enjoy the stop, nice views, and a small museum that talks about life along with waterfront, the history of the lighthouse etc.  We enjoyed our time together, and enjoyed the beautiful day.  We were very fortunate that the whole week was beautiful, nice temperatures, no rain, just all around a nice trip!  I would highly recommend visiting the lighthouse if you are ever in Portland, even if you LIVE there!








No comments: