Thursday, October 22, 2015

Easy One Day Scarf

I needed a quick, cute scarf for a friend.  I found a great pattern for an easy shawl and just adapted it to the yarn I had on hand and the size I wanted.  But this pattern is really so quick and easy if you have a free afternoon you can finish this project and have it ready for gift giving. (great Christmas present)


Here is where you can find the original pattern, like I said, such a CUTE shawl if you want a shawl. http://purlavenue.com/2014/09/casual-lace-knit-shawl.html

Here are the changes I made.  I used Cascade Yarns, Luna Paints yarn.  This is a cotton yarn.  Let me give you the details in case you are using a different cotton yarn, this yarn is 100 g/3.5 oz. 164 yards/150 m.  I used two skeins.  I knit this on a size 9 needle.  I do knit a bit loose so you might be able to get away with using a size 10 needle if you knit pretty much to gauge on other patterns.

I followed the pattern as written for the first 22 rows.  The I skipped to row 51.  I followed the pattern from here until row 116.  I finished row 116 then:
Row 117 repeat row 5
Row 118 Knit
Row 119 repeat row 5
Row 120 Knit
Bind off and weave in ends.

EASY! Have fun!

No comments: