Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Dear Mother-in-Law...

Today is a cooperative blogging day.  And the topic is "dear mother-in-law or ex mother-in-law..."   This is a tough one for me as I didn't know Jackson's mother.  She died of ALS before I even met him.  I know what she looks like from pictures and have a sense of her, only through Jackson's memories.  She does come to me occasionally through my dreams. So finding words is difficult.

"Dear Mother-in-Law,

I guess I want to say thank you.  Thank you for raising the boy that became the man Jackson is now. Raising boys myself, I know how much of an influence a mother is in those precious lives.  I don't know much about your parenting techniques, only what Jackson shares.  But because of them or despite them, Jackson is who he is, and for that I am grateful.  You raised a caring, compassionate, quiet, strong man, and I love him dearly.  I never knew you, but we both love the same individual and we will always have that connection. So that is what I want to say to you, my mother-in-law, thank you."



If you would like to read what Nancy has to say on this topic, hop on over to A Present Moment.

No comments: