Thursday, May 7, 2015

Sitting with the Feelings

The last few days I have been in a funk.  Nothing I can put my finger on, sort of a sad feeling.  I can't tell you why, nothing has "happened", nothing is going on.  I can't even really say it is definitely a sad feeling, feels like a mix of emotions, nothing dramatic, but leaving me feeling out of sorts a little.

It might be easier if I could identify a source.  So instead, I have been just sitting with these feelings, just letting them wash over me.  I know it will pass.  And really it feels like it is starting to pass now.

I think seeing friends yesterday helped.  Sometimes getting together with friends takes energy away.  Other times it is very relaxing and effortless.  Yesterday it felt very natural and effortless.   I enjoy those times when there is no feeling of needing to make conversation, things can flow more organically.  I like when silence feels really OK, those times and those friends.  It just felt like a nice breath of fresh air.

So the feelings are passing by, no rush, no needing to "fix" anything, just passing through and on by.


No comments: