Thursday, January 8, 2015

Easy Seed Stitch Cowl Pattern

I bought some yarn the other day, OK so what else is new right, and I have really hit a block.  I just sit and stare at the yarn and think about what to do.  I have tried searching on sites like Ravelry, looked through knit and crochet magazines and a few knitting books I have, nothing is catching my eye, but I really want to knit. So I made a couple pair of socks, the old standby.  After that I decided to just do a simple cowl, a seed stitch cowl.  It came out so soft and nice, I may keep this one for myself, I haven't decided yet.  But here is the pattern.

I used a size 8 (5 mm) circular knitting needle, for this easy seed stitch cowl, but I knit loose so if you knit generally to gauge on patterns, you may want a size 10 (6 mm) circular needle.  I used two skeins of Cascade Cherub Aran Yarn, one color 33 peacock and one color 34 classic blue.  These are 240 yard skeins.  You will be using both colors together, just knit the two strands as if they were one.

Cast on 151 stitches, loosely, join, and work this project in the round.
K1, P1 and just repeat K1, P1 and keep on going.  You will see after you get one row done you will be knitting on top of your purl stitches from the previous row, and purling on top of your knit stitches.  You do not need to mark the beginning of the row.  Every once in a while I look at the previous row to make sure I haven't reversed my stitches and I am still knitting on top of my purl stitches and purling on top of my knit stitches.

Leave enough yarn to bind off, weave in the ends and you are done!!

SO SIMPLE but so pretty and warm, I love this easy cowl.  And the Cherub yarn is super soft.  You can see in the picture, sort of, how long it falls.  And you can double it for those cold mornings, like we have been having, to keep you nice and warm.  Sorry the pics aren't the best, I was trying to take the pics myself with my tablet, not so easy.



No comments: