Tuesday, January 6, 2015

5 Things That Make You Happy

That was a journaling prompt for yesterday, "list 5 things that make you happy".  I struggled with this a bit.  I think it was meant to be a fun reminder of the things I enjoy.  But I didn't like the way it was worded.  I have trouble with that phrase "make you happy".  I am just not sure anyone or anything can "make me happy". Can it?

Maybe I just take full ownership of my feelings and when they change it is because I have made a shift.  I don't give up control over my feelings to anyone or anything.  And using the words "make me happy", feels like something else or someone else has control over my feelings.  Having said that, there are things I enjoy that can influence my feelings/mood.  Maybe bring me a peaceful environment to help settle some feelings, or activities that do bring me joy.  

So those would be:
~Spending time with and connecting with Jackson and the boys
~Spending time with and connecting with friends
~Knitting, it is such a relaxing, meditative activity for me
~When I am "in the groove" artistically and ideas/energy are flowing
~Being outside, if it is sitting in the sun talking to my chickens, or gardening, walking in the woods.  Just being out there on a nice day can feel so peaceful

Those are my 5 things, and I could probably list more, what are yours?

No comments: