Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Glentleiten Open Air Museum

Before finally heading back to the hotel on our first full day out in Germany this trip, we stopped at The Glentleiten Open Air Museum.  The museum was nice but this is also where they hold a three day Christmas Market.  It was dark and foggy, I think it may have sprinkled for a few minutes but was worth the trip. So much fun, food, crafts, and by chance we happened to catch an Alphorn group.  I haven't been able to find them specifically online, but they were just amazing.  And ALL WOMEN!  Not that I didn't for one minute believe that women could play these instruments, but when you see these on television you generally see men playing them.  And these were all women, and they were fabulous.  The tones are just so hauntingly beautiful. And I felt so blessed to be surrounded by so much awesome.  These are the only pictures I have of this lovely museum and market.





No comments: