Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Recipe for Happiness

This is a cooperative blogging project and that was Monday's thought for the day, what is my recipe for happiness?  I have been thinking about it over the last couple of days.  I think for me, my recipe for happiness is to trust my instincts.  If I can trust that I DO know what is best for ME, it will never let me down.  I can't search for happiness in outside things, although I have many happy things in my life, my art, my family, my friends, good books, good food, a great place to live, my garden etc.  But those are external, and happiness has to start from the inside.

I don't think, if I were not following my heart and making choices and decisions in my life that feel in tune with my heart, that any of that external "stuff" would make me happy.  I don't think people can make me happy, I don't think a job or not having a job can make me happy.  I have to be happy, have it inside me, to enjoy all of those and allow them to enrich my life.  I try hard to listen to my inner voice, let it guide me, check in with those feelings and follow where my heart leads.

So I don't have a "recipe" like you see online, that include a "dash of friendship", "2 cups of love" and "1 cup of loyalty".  My recipe may change moment to moment, but the happiness remains.

Follow your heart, listen to that inner voice.

To find out what Nancy's "recipe for happiness" is, visit her blog, A Present Moment.

No comments: