Friday, December 5, 2014

Friday Reflections and Silence

OK I think it is Friday, maybe I'm right and maybe I'm wrong.  This week was FULL of fun family time.  We were on vacation in Germany, Bavaria more specifically, and we just had so much fun and family time.  We did so much, and you will be seeing that in the days ahead as I work through the photos on my camera.  This vacation was a little different.  No extended family or friends with us, just Jackson, Dallen, Phillip and Me. We talked and laughed really connected, which is something I miss on other vacations, that connection time with the immediate family.  So even though we were busy, this was a "fill me up" kind of vacation and I didn't have to carve out moments to be with the boys, we were always together and always connecting.  Loved it!

Now we are home and yes there is that bit of jet lag, I woke up at 3:30am and decided to go through the tons of e mail, get that out of the way.  But there is just so much silence now.  I am completely enjoying this. I don't have a huge todo list for today, as I worked really hard to get things done BEFORE we left for Germany.  Christmas cards are made out and ready to mail, presents are bought or made (for the most part), the house is clean.  So I can sit in this silence and just be in the moment.  Not really thinking about anything in particular, just letting the thoughts come and go.

I hear the rhythmic ticking of the grandfather clock in the background, reminding me that time is still moving along.  But everything else here is so still.  My keys are clicking away and that is all.  Dogs are sleeping, boys are sleeping, even the sugar gliders, who are generally up at night, are quiet.

So I think I am going to take advantage of this moment, and sit and meditate, and be still myself.  I hope you all had a wonderful week as well.  Don't forget to check up on the other Scattered Life Collective participants and see how their week has been over at Cynthia's blog.


3 comments:

Deborah Weber said...

Oh your holiday sounds fabulous - those are the best when you fill up with connection time and laughter and then come home to a gentle quiet easing back into home life. Wishing you a wonderful week.

Liz said...

Ah, what a lovely vacation you've had. Enjoy getting slowly back into the swing of things.

Cynthia Lee said...

I had to laugh at your saying, "I think it's Friday" I can so relate and I am just at home, no travels.

Glad you had a wonderful trip!