Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Augsburg

While in Germany we decided to make a side trip to Augsburg.  This is one of the places we were stationed when in the Army, and we really enjoyed living in Augsburg.  So on our trip we decided to visit our house, the house we lived in.  Now that the base is gone, the housing has certainly changed.  It is so wonderful to see the colorful houses, no two the same.  Such a change from the vanilla color of "all the same" military housing.


We also drove by the Josefinum Kinderklinik, where Phillip was born.  The area is so much more built up, and there is a lot of construction going on, so the front of the building was all scaffolding.  But I did get a picture of the front door.  I think Phillip enjoyed seeing the place.



We drove by the golf course where Jackson golfed once a week. Actually more than drove by, Jackson had to park and go out on the course a bit.  And of course I have A LOT of pictures of this on my camera.





And my favorite stop, the Augsburg Christmas Market.  We visited a few markets while in Germany and this is still one of my favorites!  Lots to see, and do and eat.  Love it, and maybe it is because the Augsburg Christmas Market was the very first that Jackson and I found years ago.  What a wonderful day in Germany.

No comments: