Friday, November 7, 2014

Reflections on my week....

This week has kind of flown by, I have spent most of it with friends, which is nice.  Sometimes I need some "friend time".  Wednesday was art day and we just played around with watercolors and I brought my acrylics and some other things to work with.  Thursday we spent a good chunk of the day in Weaverville and Asheville, ahhhh, nice.  Nice time looking around Weaverville, checking out a couple of galleries, buying a couple of Christmas presents, followed by lunch and time chatting at the Well Bred Bakery and Cafe.  

Then off to Asheville to a wonderful yarn shop, The Knitting Diva.  They have moved and their new place is about three times larger than the old place, lots of yarn, almost overwhelming, although I found a few nice pieces to buy.  And then to the Herbiary, oh wonderful.  It is so nice to see an herb shop with such variety, they carry bulk herbs! I picked up a few things I needed as well as a couple of books.  I just had a wonderful day.



Tonight is a birthday party for a friend, which brings me to....

What's on the menu:  For the boys I am making bread right now.  For the party I am making a gluten free, dairy free chocolate cake with "cream cheese" frosting (dairy free), and I am making gluten free, dairy free brownies.  I am also going to make a new recipe, it sounds oddly delicious.....dill pickle soup.  I know it doesn't sound good but sounds delicious at the same time.  I am making the original recipe, which is dairy heavy, and going to try to make a dairy free version that I can eat.  Will let you know how it turns out. I am using some of Jackson's fermented pickles, which should make it extra delicious.

So you can see I am busy today.

I haven't really watched much on TV or been to the movies, not much for music either.  I have been painting some when I get a chance as well as knitting, and putting a few things up in my etsy store.  I need to do more of that, I have half a dozen pair of socks to add as well as a couple more shawls and scarves.  I much prefer to be doing the knitting than maintaining the store, but the etsy store feeds my knitting addiction, which means I get to go yarn shopping again.  Ahhhhhh

If you are sharing your week in review, please leave me a link in the comment section so I can visit your blog as well.  Hope you all had a great week.

No comments: