Friday, October 31, 2014

Friday Reflections

It is generally early morning when I sit down to type on my blog, same this morning, although with Fall here it is still dark outside.  Not sure how I like that.  It is not as motivating to get up and there is just darkness.  I feel more awake and alive when I see the bright colors of the world around me.  But somehow the darkness is comforting, like a blanket all around.  I could easily sit with a cup of tea and snuggle up in a blanket and watch a movie.

This week has been a busy week, lots of outdoor work going on, cleaning out the gardens, mowing, and raking, getting things ready for winter and the spring ahead.  The air is crisp and nice.  Thinking about creating some sort of circle for our small family for Samhain, we will see what comes.

On the Menu:  Lots of root veggies.  I made a harvest chowder earlier in the week and Jackson is going to make borscht tomorrow.  YUM.  Maybe I will make an apple pie this weekend, the boys will enjoy that.

Watching:  Well Jackson and I have started watching a couple of TV shows, Gotham and Sleepy Hollow. Both started out interesting but I am quickly losing interest.  I did, however, find a series I am surprised to find I enjoy, and that is Madam Secretary.  I have never really appreciated Tea Leoni's acting, but this has caught my attention.  A strong female character and there is something nice that each week you start out the show with a world crisis of sorts and by the end of the hour the Secretary of State has figured out the answer.  Ahhh if only life were just that easy.  So I am enjoying her in this particular series.

Listening to:  Well someone on facebook posted about Hang Massive so I have been listening to their wonderful music.  Very peaceful and meditative.  Hope you enjoy as well!




That is about it for this week, I have been doing a little bit of art work, helping our husky dog, Sugar, who is struggling a bit, and enjoying home and family.  Hope you all had a wonderful week.

To see more visit the Scattered Life Collective on Cynthia's Blog.

4 comments:

Deborah Weber said...

Borscht sounds fabulous. And those hangs are wonderful. Wishing you a great week.

Liz said...

You're the third person this week to mention Madam Secretary. I think I must watch this! Enjoy your weekend!

Sarah Broadfoot said...

Thank you for the introduction to Hang Massive - I'm hooked. And for the recipe - I'm always looking for new ways to do soup.

Pam Genant said...

Hope you all enjoy the soups this fall as well as the music.
~Pam