Friday, October 10, 2014

Friday Reflections

Well it is 6:12 this morning. It is time to review the week for The Scattered Life Collective. The weather this week has been up and down, cool one day, hot the next.  But right now I am having a hard time thinking about the week in review.  I am just so darned excited about the Southeast Women's Herbal Conference.

It starts TODAY.  This will be my fifth year, I think, and the line up of speakers and sessions looks like the best so far.  I am really going to have to choose what workshops to attend.  UGGHH!  May have to buy the audio so I don't miss anything.

Dr Jody Noe will be there.  OK can't wait to hear her speak.  Funny part is that I don't care what she is speaking about.  She is just one of those speakers, so engaging and knowledgeable.  I think I could listen to her all day, so I do have her sessions already marked on my schedule.  Some new speakers I am excited to hear as well.  This conference is always just such an uplifting experience, and keeps me so motivated to keep looking in my own backyard for medicinals.

I know more happened this week.  Yes, the full moon.  Had a wonderful full moon circle with a dear friend.  The moon was so bright and HUGE!  It was good to sit under the full moon, release a few things, and connect on a deeper level.  Something about releasing things out loud with another person listening, is so powerful, it really makes those connections happen, makes it feel real and workable.  I am blessed to have a couple of those friends in my life.  You know the ones, you can go to and talk about anything and there is no judgement, just complete understanding and acceptance.  So it was a nice night, we laughed, we cried, we shared a wonderful full moon experience.

OK only a few hours left until the conference so I need to figure out exactly what I am bringing, look over the schedule again, decide what I can carry, and when to leave the house.  I will catch up with you all next week!


4 comments:

Deborah Weber said...

Wishing you a wonderful time at the conference!

Liz said...

The conference sounds like fun! Have a wonderful time!

Sarah Broadfoot said...

Your full moon experience sounds just wonderful. You are indeed lucky to have such close friends in your life. It's lovely to hear someone so excited about a conference - I hope it is all that you want it to be.

Cynthia Lee said...

OH, I hope you share more about your conference experience next week. I am in the unknown category about much of anything herbal.