Monday, September 29, 2014

If Money Were No Object.....

This is a question Nancy shared, so we will be blogging about this today:  "If money were no object, what would you do and what would you have done."

My mother shared something with me early on in life, that money (or the lack of) will not hold me back, that if I can think it, dream it, then it will happen, we will find a way.   She was speaking more about college at that time, but the philosophy has never let me down.  When college came around and I was deciding where to go, (at the time we had no money for college) she told me to pick the school I "wanted" and the money would come from somewhere, we would make it happen.  So I chose a private college, the tuition was high but it was the best at my major and proved to be the right choice.  We worked hard, I studied hard, received many scholarships and made it work.  

So I carry that philosophy with me everywhere, there have been times in my life when I have been poor and times when I have lived comfortably.  But money was not the object.  So there is nothing I would have done differently if I had all the money in the world, and nothing I would be doing now if I had all the money in the world.  Money isn't the driving force, *I* am.  



I had put off writing about this until almost the last minute. I  had to think about it, but once I started thinking about money, the answer was clear.  Thank you all for reading.

This is a cooperative blogging exercise I am experiencing with a friend.  So if you would like to read what Nancy has to say on this subject, visit her blog, A Present Moment

No comments: