Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Crocheting for ME

I have taken a break from knitting Christmas presents and knitting items for my etsy shop.  This project is for me and I am really enjoying watching it come together.  It is a series of patterns really, but crocheted one on top of the other with a beautiful cable and knurl pattern in between each section. I am about 3/4 done.  Need to finish up this one section, add on the cable pattern and then crochet the beautiful boarder, which will add points to the ends of the patterns.

I so wanted to crochet this with some beautiful wool yarn but that would make it the MOST expensive project I have ever crocheted, so instead chose a soft acrylic yarn.  The pattern is from the redheart site. Called Basketweaave Diamond Throw and Pillow, although I am not making the pillow just the throw.  It is an easy pattern, there are a couple of stitches I had to think about first before jumping in but overall I think it is pretty easy and I may make another when I finish.  I will show you a finished picture in another week or two when I have it complete!


No comments: