Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A Gift from Maine

I know many of you already know what this is.  I have looked and looked down here where I live and have not been able to find it anywhere, lots of thistle but no Burdock.  I so remember this growing up, walking through the field and come home with them tangled in my hair, or tangled in the dogs coat, stuck to my clothes.  OUCH!  But now that I want some I can't find it.  So knowing I was making a trip to Maine, I made it my mission to find some and bring back the root with me to tincture.



My aunt helped me find this on her property.  She joked as we were looking that she has been working hard to eliminate it.  I guess we will help with that and take these two roots home with us.  Along with some of the seed pods we found, I will let the seed pods dry completely and harvest the seeds.  And yes Nancy, I did cut one root in half and saved one half for you.

If you want to learn more about burdock just do a google search and you will find lots of information.


No comments: