Friday, August 15, 2014

Reflections

Time to think about my week, the ups and downs and what it has meant to my life, as part of the Scattered Life Collective.

Right now it is dark and early (6:06) and I am TIRED, slipped into bed around 1 this morning, and up at 5:30.  May just need a nap later on, haven't taken a nap in years.

So the only thing I hear right now is the ticking of the grandfather clock, and everything is dark outside my window.

I have been listening to Claire Lynch lately, first heard her voice at the Red, White and Bluegrass Festival, held in Morganton, such a lovely voice.  I knew at that time I needed her cd and would go back and listen time and time again.



I am well into the book Wild by Cheryl Strayed, and it is very raw and revealing.  Someone had mentioned it will soon be a movie, so I am excited about that.  Her story of the death of her mother and how it changed her life is so heart breaking, and truthful.  

Good things this week:  We are planning a couple of vacations we want to take this year.  We have a beach vacation coming up in just a couple of weeks.  Of course I am excited about that. It has been A YEAR (yes a whole year and it feels like more than that) since I have seen the ocean.  Way too long!  My heart is aching to swim in the ocean, but soon, I just need to wait a couple more weeks.  

We also are planning a vacation back to Maine, it will be so nice to see family again.  My boys remember very little about our last trip to Maine, that is how young they were at the time, so they are equally excited.  I want to take them to the Common Grounds Fair.  I remember attending that fair with my parents when I was a child, so it will be nice to take my own children.  My brother and I are planning to get tattoos, that will be fun!

I think our final trip this year will be a trip to Germany.  The boys want to see the Christkindlsmarkt in Germany as Jackson and I talk about how much fun it is.  So I think we are going to hit Bavaria this time.  Maybe fly into Munchen and do some day trips from there, would like to hit the Augsburg market as well as the Munchen one, we will see how that goes, there are so many great things we remember from Bavaria, not sure we can do it all in one vacation, may have to go back again in another year or two.

Another good thing this week was spending time with friends.  I think that is on my "good things" list every week.  It is nice when you have close friends you can spend time with, you don't have to dress up, or hold back the yawn, you can just be completely yourself, laugh, talk and be together.  Had lots of that this week.

Sad things and their silver lining:  Remembering my dad and remembering my dad, both sad and wonderful at the same time.  Spent a lot of time tearing up this week, 17 years 9 months 15 days, it still hurts.

Great change is coming, I can feel it, I can breath it in, let it wash over me and take hold in my life.

Hope you all had a wonderful week!

No comments: