Friday, August 8, 2014

Reflections

Wow this week has been full of emotional ups and downs.  The week started me off with lots of energy and drive, lots of things were accomplished, had a wonderful visit with friends and we made paper dolls.  I love my paper dolls, quick and easy but so reflective of me.  Chatting and tea and friends, sometimes I don't think it gets any better than that.  Just a wonderful start.  Then yesterday my energy crashed.  I don't know why, not sure if my body is fighting off an illness.  I don't feel tired, just down.  I painted yesterday, nothing seemed to turn out as I wanted.  Things were not clicking into place.  I felt off, so I took time to just rest, paint, rest some more, not push myself.  Maybe all the social time just drained me, it can, and I know this. My introverted self loves close friends but sometimes it drains my energy, leaving me feeling "blah" the next day.

It is early morning, my time to myself, time to get on the computer, write, paint, meditate, have tea, journal and take care of me.  I love early mornings, watching the sun rise.

Listening to:  I am listening to Rising Appalachia
 

This music just helps me center myself, brings me back into the hear and now, so much passion in these melodies, such soul.

Reading:  I stumbled on a book at Barnes and Noble, just sitting there on the shelf while I was looking at another book, the cover just caught my eye and told me that I needed to read it, Wild by Cheryl Strayed.  I just started reading the book, so do not really have an opinion yet, just a calling, this is a book I NEED to read.

Not sure what will be on the table tonight:  Possibly some home made guacamole.  That sounds delicious.

Good things: Thinking about our trip East, to the Ocean.  I know for me it isn't far, but it might as well be thousands of miles away.  I can't see or smell the ocean from here, I can only hear it calling my name.  I miss the ocean, I can feel the ocean, I need to be in the ocean.  It will happen only a couple of weeks away.  Looking forward to being one with the ocean is a good thing!  Bright people in my life, my boys, my friends, my husband....those people that add color to my world, support me, that I know are thinking about me as I am them.  Love them, love my life with them in it!  More good things.  Another wonderful conference, August 2 was the day, lots of grateful, energetic, enthusiastic homeschoolers in one place.  It is hard creating a secular space for sharing information, but it can be done, and we are learning to go with what is, reaching for what we imagine. Reaching down deep into my heart and soul, figuring things out.  Lots of good things this week.

Bad things and the silver lining: (Not really BAD things).  The funk I am in at the end of this week. I know it will pass, it reminds me of the here and now, it keeps me grounded, reminding me to care for myself.  It will pass, I just need to let it go.

I look forward to another amazing week living here where I belong, with exactly the people I need in my life. All the possibilities that await.  I hope you all have had an equally grateful week.  Be the blessing in your life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pam, do you have a paper template for the paper dolls? My girls would love to make some......bianca

Sarah Broadfoot said...

Ooooooo, thank you for the introduction to Rising Appalachia. Fantastic song. I haven't read Wild, but I would like to - it was just made into a movie starring Reese Witherspoon. Love your paper dolls. They're gorgeous.

Pam Genant said...

Here is the template page for the paper dolls http://www.theenchantedgallery.com/paperdolls.html