Friday, August 1, 2014

Reflections on my Week


This has been a busy week.  Once again it is early, today it is 6:04 AM, I have been up for about an hour reading e mails cross checking a few things for the conference and am now onto the fun stuff, writing in my blog, a great release for me.

It is quiet although I can hear the ticking of the clock, the dishwasher whirring and the fans spinning.  I don't like to listen to anything in the morning, no TV on, no music playing.  I enjoy this quiet time as I wake up and get moving.

This week has focused on last minute details for a homeschool conference that a friend and I coordinate, the Love to Learn Homeschool Conference.  Lots of reflection on that this week.  We started eight years ago, creating an inclusive homeschool conference for North Carolina, we are dedicated to it, and passionate about it.  A long journey. The majority of homeschoolers in North Carolina are Christian, but there is that segment of the population that does not want a strictly Christian conference (if they are Christian or not).  So we go to great lengths and take pride in centering our conference on homeschooling, homeschool topics, issues, speakers and not focusing on any religion.  Helping homeschoolers find the information they need in an environment welcoming to ALL. So, at this point, it comes down to the details.  That has taken up much of my week.

I do still make sure to squeeze in that time for myself, to meditate, exercise, work in my journals.  They are such an intricate part of who I am and what keep me going, thinking, and loving.  So those are important, taking care of myself even when I may not think I have time, I know I will make time and enjoy the process.
A friend popped over a couple of days ago, so our children could be the passionate video gamers that they are, and share in that.  It was nice seeing her, and sharing space with her for the afternoon.  Of course our kids had a blast too.  Sometimes when we spend time together we find out just how much we have in common, know what I mean.  Going through some of the same things, just at different points in our lives. We are more alike than different.

I don't know what is cooking today or tomorrow really.  It is a conference thing, these last couple of days my mind goes to conference stuff and meals are last minute thoughts.  I have plenty in the refrigerator so I know Jackson or I will be able to whip something up.  He is actually really good at that, taking what is in the fridge and cooking up something fabulous.  After Saturday my mind will be back, I know it will.



If you would like to share your thoughts about your week, I would LOVE to read.  Please join in the Scattered Life Collective over at Cynthia's Blog. I don't see the link up yet but I am sure it will be soon.

No comments: