Tuesday, August 26, 2014

One Particular Harbour

Ahhh it is so nice to be looking at the ocean.  I love being here, and when I am here I never want to leave.

As we headed out the other day, Dallen (yes my oldest son, Dallen) asked if we still had the Jimmy Buffett CDs in the car, and we sure did, so the entire trip we listened to Jimmy Buffett, great beach music!  At one point, Jackson and I were talking, the boys were asleep in the back, I said "I need to come to the beach more" and he answered "I could live here", so who knows what our future holds.

Right now it is such a beautiful morning out here on the beach.  As one of the first visitors out this morning, it is nice to watch the sun dancing on the waves, and hear the ocean crashing at my feet, almost undisturbed.  So peaceful, and turbulent at the same time.  Something so comforting for me, looking out and seeing no end to the ripples on the ocean.

When I look to my left I KNOW that just up the coast a piece, my family are all there safe and sound.  And I know that soon I will be be joining them.  I miss my family, can't wait to wrap my arms around my brother again.  It has been way too long.

The beach is now slowly filling up as people wake up to this beautiful morning.  Families building sand castles or playing in the warm waves, remind me of a time when my boys were young and we were doing that same thing.  Playing all day in the sand and surf, watching the ebb and flow of the tide.

Wonderful memories, and many more just waiting to be made.  I know my friend will be out here soon, we can catch up on everything going on in our lives at this moment in time, chat, read, share this space and be together.

I know I don't get there often enough 
But God knows I surely try
It's a magic kind of medicine
That no doctor could prescribe






No comments: