Friday, August 29, 2014

Friday Reflections

This has been a fun-packed week.  It always is when we are away on vacation with family and friends. It is rejuvenating on so many levels, just being with friends and talking, laughing, eating fills my heart, and being near and in the ocean just fills my soul.

Right now it is 7:00 am.  Just watched another beautiful sunrise, I never get tired of that, here or at home.

I am listening to the waves crash on the shore, never get tired of that either.  Here is a bit for your listening pleasure.



This week was about relaxation, so I spent most of my time on the beach, sitting, walking, talking.

What is on the menu.  This is a fun part of the week, we share meals together.  There are three families here this week, we all bring items together and prepare, cook and eat dinner together.  So on the menu:
Sunday-Chili with cornbread
Monday-Spaghetti with garlic bread and salad
Tuesday-Tacos (of course) with fresh guacamole
Thursday-Soup
Friday-Pizza for tonight

Doesn't it sound yummy, even more so with some wine and friends listening to the waves crashing.

Have not watched much of anything this week, TV has been mostly off and have not gone to the theater, I have been watching the waves.

I am missing home, our dogs, my friends back there.  But I always treasure my time at the coast and hold onto those memories with both hands.

No comments: