Monday, August 11, 2014

Creative Block


Creative block, I was talking about it the other day on my blog.  I was starting things and they were not turning out the way I wanted, I just couldn't seem to get into the groove.

My son was sitting beside me painting on some warhammer 40,000 miniatures, encouraging me, chatting.  I finally just decided to search the web and looked at several web sites on abstract portraits, such as Nouveau Totem and a few pages on pinterest also youtube had videos like Martina Shapiro's.  I was inspired to just give it a try myself. Never really painted anything like this, but thought it couldn't be worse than being stuck, which so far has brought me to 5 layers of "paint-over" on the same small canvas.  This was the final product.  I like her, although at this point she doesn't have a name.  I might try this again.

1 comment:

Lisa Isabella Russo said...

I like her too! She has a sweet energy. Good for you for finding a way through your block, I sometimes go quite a time not painting...