Thursday, July 24, 2014

Scattered Life Collective: Reflection on my Week


You can see more of the Scattered Life Collective on Cynthia's Blog, so please join in, if you haven't already!

The time right now is 6:12 AM, I have been awake since about 5:30
On the menu: I have no idea, I will probably have a coconut yogurt for breakfast, beyond that will be a surprise for everyone.

Out the window: It is dark but I am starting to see glimmers of light.

I am reading The Lonesome Gods by Louis L'Amour.  There is a gentleman I bump into at the River View Cafe a couple of times a week, and he always has a book in his hand, so we have been talking about what he has been reading and one book was a Louis L'Amour book, I mentioned that I had never read Louis L'Amour so he suggested The Lonesome Gods.  When someone suggests a book I generally will read it, without knowing anything about the book.  Most of the time I pick up great reads that way, and I have read such a variety in the process.  I am enjoying this book so far, will see how it goes as I work my way though.

Listening to: I am, at this moment in time, listening to the sound of the grandfather clock ticking away against the silent morning.  Quiet time here at my house. I enjoy these quiet moments.

Watching: On TV I am watching reruns of Tabatha's Salon Takeover.  Just can't seem to find anything to enjoy on TV right now, even with so many channels.  But I catch an episode of this in the morning and, after I journal, watch while I drink a cup of hot tea.

As for movies, I am debating the new Planet of the Apes movie, "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes".  I remember planet of the apes from when I was so much younger, so I feel sort of a sentimental desire to see the movie. But from the preview, I am not sure I will enjoy it.  I do have a couple of friends, that I have chatted with, that said it was a great movie and worth the time.  As for me I am still on the fence, we will see.

We did see Hercules, and was surprised that I enjoyed it.  My boys love the action movies.  This seemed to bring Hercules down to earth, which was a nice change for a movie.

Good things this week:
   ~Rain for the garden, bringing with it cooler weather
   ~Getting things done
   ~Finishing up an art project
   ~Cucumbers from the farmer's market, none from my garden so far
 
Bad things and their silver lining:
   ~Letting go (wasn't sure if this should go on the good or bad list).  Silver lining-opening up space for more wonderful things to emerge.

Looking forward to:
   ~Seeing friends this weekend
   ~Starting a new art project
   ~Continuing to work on my blog's look and feel
   ~The start of a new Goddess journey on Saturday, if you want to join in for the Artemis Course just click       here and scroll down toward the bottom.
  ~The Love to Learn Homeschool conference coming up on August 2
This coming week is lining up to be a BUSY and EXCITING week full of lots of wonderful moments!

"The miracle is not to walk on water. The miracle is to walk on the green earth, dwelling deeply in the present moment and feeling truly alive."
~Thich Nhat Hanh




2 comments:

Sarah Broadfoot said...

What fun to have someone else playing along this week. Nice to meet you, Pam! I love how you said that letting go of something opened up space for more wonderful new things. What a positive attitude. Tabitha's Salon Takeover was a guilty pleasure of mine at one time (I no longer have cable.) She's a smart cookie, that one. Hope to see more of you in the coming weeks!

Deborah Weber said...

Mmm...coconut yogurt and the ticking of a grandfather clock - delicious! So nice to find my way here Pam via the Scattered Life Collective and have a peek into your week.