Thursday, July 10, 2014

Fellow Travelers

I was watching TV the other day and someone was talking about... I can't remember what... anyway he used the phrase "fellow travelers".  It just struck a chord in my heart.  Something to really think about.

I see the meme quite frequently about who you would have lunch with .  You know the one...."if you could go back in time and have lunch with anyone, who would it be" or  "if you could ask anyone, living or dead, a question, who would it be and what would you ask"?  So many comments referencing famous people, most of them dead famous people...authors, scientists, humanitarians. After this character on TV said "fellow travelers" it really made me think, we are here on this earth for such a short time.  And I can look around and see all these fellow travelers.  We are all on this earth together at THIS moment in time.  Who knows what the future will bring.  But, I do know what is now, here, right in front of me.  I need to take this opportunity to reach out and connect with other "fellow travelers".  Ask the questions, talk, take the time and forget about the impossible, asking someone no longer here.  But connect on a human level with those here in this present moment in time.

We are here for such a short time, and traveling this space with each other.  Such a great opportunity to get to know your fellow travelers, connect with people, ask those questions of the living. Stay connected, make the time to be with each other, the fellow travelers in our lives.




No comments: