Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Deep Friendships

It is so nice to go out to dinner with someone that has been a friend for a long time, or what seems like a long time, I guess we have been friends since about 2004 or so, so at least a decade, maybe a little longer.  There is that relaxed feel, no strange idle chit chat, no "get to know you" questions.  You just pick up where you left off.

Sometimes I think/and know we could talk all night and never run out of conversation.  That person knows how you think so you don't wonder how they will react when you talk politics or religion, you already know. A connection, an understanding there.  And an effort made.  You will always make time to get together because those times are important.  Talking with someone of like mind keeps me sane, lets me vent my frustrations and knows that I need just that, a place to vent and a safe person with whom to vent, to share those secrets.

I love those times.  Even for me, the introvert who thinks she would rather stay at home and snuggle up with a good book or movie, I love to get out with a good friend for the evening.  Just to talk, laugh, plan, vent, share our lives.  It feels good, it feels safe, it feels like home, we all need that in our lives.




No comments: