Thursday, July 17, 2014

Creative Soul

Art journaling has been such a great way for me to express my thoughts and feelings quickly.  This page took just a couple of hours total, with dry time in between layers.  The concept is something that you might find helpful as well.  It stems from the art journaling course I am taking but, of course, I didn't want to "stick to the rules" so I put my spin on it. 


I started picturing a wonderful time in my life, and really that is hard, there have been many times when I have felt I was at my best.  And this could be a time that is real or a future time if you think the best is yet to come.  I chose a past time in my life, but now that I write this maybe I will have to do another page focused on the future.  After meditating on that thought for a few minutes, I picked up my journal and just started writing it all down, when it was, how I felt, what I was thinking, where I was, who I was with, all those details.  Then I quickly, without thinking too much about it, I jotted down feeling words, in a list, HOW I FELT.  (This past part was sort of like the workshop)  And I chose one word to focus on in my art journal.  That word for me was abundance.  I jotted it down on a piece of paper and just kept it beside me as I worked, and kept looking back at it and feeling that feeling again.  


I started, of course, picking out colors, just three or four that I really felt drawn to as I thought about abundance.  I also tore pages out of a magazine that called to me.  I just started working, adding, painting, pasting, highlighting, and finally added my work abundance to the page.  To me it really feels like "abundance".  ABUNDANCE!


2 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful journal page!

Kat W said...

What beautiful, creative, vibrant pages - they are gorgeous!

Thank you for visiting my blog recently & leaving a lovely comment. I've just been enjoying a browse around your blog. Pleased to 'meet' you in blog land :-)

Kat :-)