2. I have always wanted to paint. I enjoy taking acrylics and making a mess, seeing what comes out of it. This has been a secret desire since I was very young, and it is just now coming out at the age of 48. You should never wait that long to express your passion.
3. I hated reading in school. I was a slow reader back then, and would cringe when books were assigned. I would freeze, fall behind on the very first day. It took me years to start reading again, for pleasure this time, books of my choosing. Now I enjoy reading, and am actually a fast reader.
4. I sometimes miss writing letters. It is so nice to receive a card or letter in the mail, instead of bills. So there are times I will just take out a card and write a random letter to a friend.
5. My friends ARE part of my family.
6. As much as I love books, the actual paper page, I am moving to digital books. In my head it just makes sense to save that paper, in my heart I still love turning pages and seeing how far I have come and how much there is left to the story by looking at the size of the book and where my book mark falls in all of that.
7. I have a love for office supply stores, I could live in an office supply store, all that ORGANIZATION!
8. Also related to number 7, I savor the smell of new plastic. When we walk into an office supply store that smell hits me and I will say "smells like a new barbie". So maybe it is the memory it evokes.
9. Knitting reminds me of my mom. When I sit and knit I can picture her sitting on the end of the couch watching TV and knitting, the cat playing with the yarn as my mom pulls it out of the skein.
10. I cherish my grey hair.