Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Projects in Progress

This is what I am working on now.  I really enjoy creating with yarn, seeing how things come together, how the colors blend.  Here is the wrap I finished last week.  It turned out beautiful, now it is being blocked.  But I think the flow of the colors is just beautiful.  It will be up in my etsy store by next week.  


And here are the completed socks, they are just such happy colors.  


This is one of my works in progress.  I am mending a lap size afghan for a friend.  It has a large hole in it, so I am reworking it.  This is a nice go to pattern if you need something quick.  Use two strands of yarn (worsted weight or thicker) worked together as one, and the largest circular needle you have (circular because there are a lot of stitches not because you are going to work in the round).  Cast on an odd number of stitches, I used 75 for this one and it made a nice lap size afghan.  ALL ROWS: K1 P1 until the end of the row.  Simple, and with the thick yarns and large needles it knits up quick.  I added a crocheted shell boarder around the edge but you do not have to.  


My "take along"project is a scarf I am crocheting.  I am using a sport weight yarn, the colors are lovely.  You can click here if interested in the pattern for this crocodile stitch.  


No comments: