Friday, May 9, 2014

Etsy

It has been quite a while since I posted any of my hand made "stuff" on etsy.  I love creating things and generally give a lot of it away for birthdays and Christmas etc.  But lately I have been making a lot of socks, scarves, shawls and other knit items, as well as jewelry.  So I was thinking about adding these to my etsy store.

         
 Just a few of the socks in my etsy store

A friend of mine was mentioning my altar.  Here at home I have an altar in my bedroom that I change with the seasons.  It has a base of an altar cloth that I make myself, a couple of candles, a small painting (I usually make this myself as well), and some herbs or other seasonal items.  I then add to that base with more personal items.  These personal items usually stay the same with the seasons and I just change out the altar cloth, painting, herbs and candles.  I was mentioning that it is so hard to find out anything about altars, what people use and why.  And then gathering the items was something I just put off and put off for the longest time.  I just thought it would be a good idea for someone to offer different altar kits, seasonal, and for occasions, circles etc.
My altar

So, with the encouragement of my friend, I decided to start offering the basic, seasonal kits, on my etsy store.  I sure hope other women find these altar kits valuable and take the time to create that sacred space in their own home, a seasonal guide, a place for meditation and prayer, a reminder of the changing seasons of the year and of our lives.  I truly enjoy my altar, and enjoy changing it with the seasons, using it as a place to meditate and sometimes I just sit and watch the candle burn and use that time to journal. A nice quiet time.

So if you have a minute check out my store.  E mail me any time or leave a comment here on my blog or convo me through my etsy store,  if you have any questions or just want to chat.  I am hoping to have more items available soon, a few scarves and shawls, some jewelry, and the Fall Altar kits.  :-)

~Pam

No comments: