Friday, September 6, 2013

The Scattered Life Collective

Been having trouble blogging, just so many things rolling around in my head and in my life right now, hard to get it down in a blog post.  But this is just the jump start I need.  You can go to the Original Scattered Life Post to see others.

My week in review and reflection:
Current time: 8:44 am

On the menu:  I haven't even thought this far yet.  For breakfast probably a banana and a chai, supper will be out to eat with a wonderful friend..Can't Wait!  Love great conversation, laughing, and just having a freeform kind of evening.

Out the window:  I can see the sparkling grass as the sun hits the dew, just rising above the peak of the house.  Sunshine again, YAY!!  Seems like we have had so much rain lately that I love to look out in the morning and see SUN.  Another plus....no hens are out of the fencing!



Listening: Lately I have been listening to Natasha Bedingfield, especially Unwritten.  Just seems so pertinent right now.



Watching:  So right now my youngest, Phillip (16) and I are waiting for Insidious 2 to come out in theaters.  AND since we have not seen the first Insidious, that DVD is sitting by the TV waiting for us!!  Oh the joys of having a teen that loves scary movies. I loved horror types of movies as a teen but haven't really watched them in years, now that my youngest is enjoying horror movies I get to venture into that realm again!

Good things:  ~My weeks are always filled with good things.  So this week I really enjoyed spending time with friends at homeschool art day.  It seems like so many of my friends were there this month!
~Picking apples with dh, Jackson, and my oldest son, Dallen.
~Guacamole/movie night on Sunday.  Can't even remember what we watched but love the family time!
~Starting Guinevere in the Goddess course I am taking, this should be fun!
~Returning to my daily cuppa chai, can't beat that in the morning.
~More sunshine so far this week than all of the summer added together
~Out of my walking boot and my right ankle feeling OK
~Returning to yoga and meditation, two practices that I work on and leave and come back to over time.
~Letting go of unwanted hurt

Looking forward to:
~Seeing Insidious with my youngest son, Phillip
~Working on an art journal, new for me
~Delving deeper into my soulcollage card creating
~Returning to longer walks
~Seeing my round robin afghan when it is completed
~Organizing a "friends" yarn crawl to our favorite yarn shops around Western NC
~Daily talks with my oldest, Dallen, about his creations.
~Time with Jackson

"Your success and happiness lies in you.  Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties." ~Helen Keller

4 comments:

Cynthia Lee said...

Pam,

Thank you so much for playing along!
So great to see a peek into your life, discovering our similar interests. Sounds like you are like me ... multiple books going on at teh same time.

I love Natasha Bedingfield and that album carried me through a significant transition season in my life. It's nice to revisit it.

No horror movies for me .... eek.

I'd love to know more about your homeschool art day. Care to share?

Love your format ... and especially ending with a quote. Beauitiful!

truecolorblog.com said...

Lovely! I love your blog name (and it's meaning), too. WWRWTW is on my reading list too, but somewhat of a backburner. That Goddess book looks interesting... I'm going to see if my library has it. Thanks for sharing!

Shirley Douglass said...

Thanks for sharing your week. I am going to participate with Cynthia too. I think it will challenge me. Need to challenge myself. Love the Natasha Bedingfield-Unwritten that you posted. Forgot how much I loved that song. Shared it on my Facebook. LOL
Sending smiles! :-)

Deborah Weber said...

What a lovely introduction to your blog - and a peek into your week. I smiled at your re-dip into the horror film genre with your son. I have very fond teenage memories of that as well, although my fave were always the campy creepy ones rather than realistically scary horror. Thanks for the introduction to Unwritten as well.