Monday, June 3, 2013

Yule/Winter Solstice Celebration

I know this is wayyyy past date, but it was such a wonderful circle I wanted to post about it.  This was the very first time I have ever shared a circle with my friends, and been sort of leading the circle.  My oracle card for the day was to share my gifts with family and friends, so how appropriate, a gentle nudge to spread out, and share.

We have family circles all the time, but never one with friends.  This year a friend planned a party on the winter solstice so I asked if we could bring our celebration with us and share, for those interested.  My boys did not participate this year, they were with their friends having fun. That was a little sad, but I realize that time with friends doing things you love is such a happy time.  Many of my friends participated.  We had a circle, created a sacred space, had candles, and each person brought something close to them to add to our altar and bless the space.  We shared poems, readings, thoughts for the upcoming year, lit candles and had a nice time sharing and being together.

We did decorate and burn a yule log, so that was wonderful. It just turned out so beautiful, and burned so brightly!  Here are a few pictures from our evening.




I am so grateful to have such amazing, open, sharing friends.  And I hope we can share more circles in the future!

No comments: