Monday, September 10, 2012

Shell Afghan

I crocheted this small afghan while we were traveling, to take up the time when I am not driving, which is a lot since my husband likes to drive.  It took maybe 8 or so hours or work, not bad.  Like I said it is small.  Larger than a baby afghan but smaller than most for an adult.  It is like a lap afghan size.  I made it for a toddler, in pink and purple baby yarn, so it is soft.


Below you can see a close up.  I haven't been able to find directions online, but I am sure if you look through the masses of patterns on Ravelry you will be able to find something similar or exactly like it. 

Chain 126
Row 1: sc in 2nd chain from hook and in each chain across, turn (125 sc)
Row 2: Ch 3, sk next sc, *5 dc in next sc**, skip next 3 sc, repeat from * across ending last repeat at **. Skip next sc, dc in last sc, turn.
Row 3: Ch1, sc in first dc, ch 2, sc in center dc of next dc group [ch 3, sc in center dc of next dc group] across, ch 2, sc in last stitch (which is the first ch 3 of row 2) turn.
Row 4: Ch 3, 5 dc in each sc across, ending with dc in last sc, turn.  Repeat rows 3 and 4 until it is as long as you want.  Then you will crochet 5 dc shells evenly spaced at the ends and beginnings of each row plus the un-crocheted side of the initial chain.  


No comments: