Saturday, July 28, 2012

Chick-fil-A

LOL, that dreaded topic, don't you just wish sometimes that it would go away.  I have been mulling over the events of the past few weeks.  First finding out that Chick-fil-A donates money toward organizations that actively work against legislation that is pro equality for the LGBT community and for legislation that is anti LGBT equality.  That was a blow. I  have always known that Chick-fil-A was a Christian organization, that doesn't bother me at all.  And living where I do, most of the time Christian views go hand in hand with an anti LGBT philosophy.  But money talks, and supporting anti LGBT legislation, thoughts or ideas really puts your money where your mouth is.

Now with several mayors pledging that Chick-fil-A will not find a home in their communities.  I am so supportive of that move.  Communities and community leaders decide, each day, how they want their communities to grow, in which direction, how much, how little, what elements support the citizens there, which do not.  There are communities that have decided alcohol, which some exceptions, is not desirable.  Communities that have limited trailer park growth, furniture on your front lawn (what kind and how much), Wal mart movement into a community, etc.  Those are decisions that are made each day.  So I am happy to see mayors starting to take a stand and decide that a company, like Chick-fil-A, that actively endorses, by monetary donations, anti LGBT thoughts, ideas, and legislation, is not welcome in their community.  An organization that works toward continued suppression of even a segment of their citizen's rights, is not positive community growth.

I decided to post my thoughts and support here, as I don't want to get into a big discussion.  I realize that those who are not supportive of this move are just as strong in their beliefs.  And I don't want to inspire a huge discussion.  Just wanted to organize my thoughts and put them out there.

On another note... I have been so busy with gardening and living that I haven't had time to blog.  I am hoping that changes in the near future as I do have things about which to blog.  Have a great Saturday all!

No comments: