Friday, January 20, 2012

Circle Sweater

I had quite a bit of extra yarn left over from the Christmas afghans I made.  So I decided to make myself a sweater with some of the left overs.  Not an easy task, I have not had great success with sweaters in the past...arms too long, shoulders too wide etc.  Just not a great fit.  But this sweater is so cute and REALLY EASY.  It is one big circle with two sleeves.  It is made all together so NO sewing, I dislike sewing things together.  You make one big circle, crocheted, and leave two slits for the arms.  Once the circle is done you crochet around the slits making your sleeves.  Easy peasy.  Here is the link to the pattern, called Lyon Circle Jacket. I found the pattern through Ravelry.    I used the Caron Simply Soft yarn, and as you can tell from the picture, lots of left over colors.  The sleeves, which you can't see in the picture are black, with green and brown down toward the cuff.

No comments: