Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mornings and Scattered Thoughts

Wow! It's been over a month since I have posted here.  I love blogging but lately there has been so much going on that I have been very much caught up in the moment.  I also LOVE getting caught up like that, but sometimes it feels like a tornado, catching me in its swirling and twirling.  I find times when I need to slow down and hunker down within. 

I am feeling a little sad today, just kind of blah (is that a feeling..?).  And I am sitting here thinking of the things I enjoy.  These quiet mornings, two boys still sleeping soundly.  I have pictures of what mornings generally look like here at the house.  And that is what I reflect on, when days seem sad, the joy of the day, the blessings of our mini-farm, the centered-ness I find in family and friends.  I miss my brothers, that live so far away, I don't get to see them often enough.  I miss the ocean that calls me daily, I really need to take a vacation, inhale that salt air, that cleanses every pore of my being, refreshes, awakens, rejuvenates me. 

But here are the mornings, here is what, in the absence of a vacation, invigorates me on a daily basis:


2 comments:

redheads said...

So you did take a picture of the sunrise. Nice! :)

Pam Genant said...

Yes (fortunatly or unfortunatly) I am up that early and I did take the pics. LOL.