Monday, January 17, 2011

Winter Fun

It is supposed to snow again this coming weekend, or so my dh tells me.  Of course it is only Monday now so it could very well change in the next 5 days.  I think this is the most snow we have seen in all the winters combined since we moved here in the winter of 1997-1998.  I am not so sure I like it.  Growing up in Maine, one of the reasons I voted in favor more settling in the south was the climate.  I have never really "liked" winter.  So far the winters here have been mild, about 6-8 weeks and things are starting to warm up and the buds are popping out on the trees.  That is the kind of winter I can handle.  Ahhhh.

This winter we have had I think, three really good snows.  Like enough show for the boys to go sledding and snow boarding on our own property.  They are really enjoying it, that combined with our trips up the mountain to the ski slopes has made for an exciting winter for them, a very COLD winter for me brrrr.

I just wanted to share some pics of winter fun this year.




1 comment:

Life as a Convert (Khourt) said...

Great pictures! I love the last one. Here in Arkansas we have only gotten one snow so far but I think I heard mention of possibly getting some this week.