Wednesday, January 19, 2011

21 Day Chakra Cleanse

I am joining some friend on the Heal Thyself ~ning, in a 21 day Chakra Cleanse.  This sometimes accompanies a Reiki class, after attunement, although it was not part of the classes I attended.  But it sounds like a wonderful cleansing idea, so I decided to join in.

The cleansing is through meditation, which I practice daily anyway, so this is just an added focus, how hard can that be.  Well, I found out this morning it was harder than I thought.  Usually  I meditate in the mornings.  I close my eyes take a couple of deep breaths and I can see a color, not sure why or what it means, I try not to think about it but just let it be what it is.  As I close my eyes colors move and change before my eyes, like bubbles of color.  Depending on my mood or activity or how I am feeling I see one color like yellow, orange or green when I begin meditation.  As I meditate, focus on my breath, relax and center, the color changes and by the time my meditation is coming to an end, I am seeing something in the range of dark blue to violet.  I have always enjoyed this morphing of color, very peaceful, very calming and natural. 

Today's chakra focus is the root chakra, so I am meditating on the color red, focusing attention into my root chakra.  For anyone not familiar:

"The Base or Root Chakra located at the very bottom of the spine, the Root Chakra governs issues around physical self-preservation. These issues include survival, security and safety, as well as primal erotic and procreational urges.


This chakra is the grounding force that allows us to connect to the earth energies and empower our being."
         Taken from the Root Chakra Web Page


OK NOT so easy to keep the color I see on red.  That took a lot of focus, just maintaining that color.  We will see if it get easier as I go through the chakra cleanse.

I think this will be beneficial for my daily meditation, helping me to maintain a focus.  If anyone wants to join in on the 21 day Chakra Cleanse please join the Heal Thyself ~nin .

1 comment:

Tammie Raymora said...

Pam,

Glad your a facebook friend and I followed your link here. Awesome blog, thanks for sharing a piece of you!

Blessings, peace and laughter
Tammie