Friday, January 21, 2011

21 Day Chakra Cleanse: Day 3

Oh plenty of sleep last night, the puppies are back on track, and so am I.

Today we are focusing on the third chakra, the solar plexus chakra. Sometimes I have trouble following a challenge, either it takes too much time and I just can't fit it into EVERY day, or it is too complex, requiring too much preparation.  But this challenge is proving to be really easy.  It fits into my morning meditation nicely, and the good thing about meditation is all you have to do is "sit".  I love that phrase "Don't just do something....sit there."  So opposite of how we, as a society, are programmed.  Refreshing.

So I did more of a formal relaxation meditation today, focusing on my breathing for a few minutes, that giving each part of my body attention, breathing through any tension, focusing on relaxing...releasing tension with each breath.  The I began focusing on the solar plexus chakra.  Again for those that are unfamiliar:

"Located midway between the rib cage and the navel, this is the sense of identity. The Solar plexus chakra is associated with the pancreas, liver, gall bladder, spleen, digestive system and nervous system.



The color associated with the solar plexus chakra is Yellow. Yellow is the symbol of the mind, intellect, high intelligence and wisdom. It is a positive magnetic vibration that acts as an equalizer for irritable conditions of the nervous system. The solar plexus is the organizing brain of the nervous system and as such, is an important power center that should be kept in a perfect equilibrium.



All the yellow stones - topaz, citrine, yellow zircon, amber - are used with the solar plexus chakra."
Taken from this Solar Plexus Chakra page
 
So I focused on the color yellow, and if that color started to slip from my mind, I simply opened my eyes and looked at the fire in the stove, a nice yellow, warm fire.  There is more to that meditation if you want to join in just join Heal Thyself.
 
Once I finished my solar plexus chakra cleaning, I then went back through all the parts of my body, slowly focusing attention to each part, and ended by picturing myself standing at the beach grounded to the earth.
 
Very nice and relaxing today.  I love my morning meditations.

No comments: