Tuesday, October 5, 2010

One More Shawl

For right now anyway. I have two more in the works and picked up the extra yarn I needed yesterday, so who knows when they will be done.

This shawl has been a long time in the making. I was gifted a gift certificate to Purl's Yarn Emporium, a few years ago. Have been thinking about what I wanted to get and make ever since. I wanted to do something for myself....hmmmm. Well I decided on a shawl and some yarn that I would never buy otherwise, just too expensive. I would always think about how many socks I could make for gifts with that same amount of money. But not this time, this GC was going to be spent on yarn for myself. And I will say I thought about the friend who gifted me the GC all the while I crocheted, such a sweet person and a dear friend.

It was a beautiful yarn, and so soft, so I decided to make a shawl, something to keep me warm on these chilly fall morning, and it is complete (and just in time, brrr).

Again another easy pattern, I did use a much smaller hook than the one recommended in the pattern, I just didn't want my shawl as "loose".

I just thought the colors of this yarn were absolutely beautiful. And you can find the pattern, Carmen's Shawl, at this linked web page.

1 comment:

Wenwe said...

An ongoing for you from your friend. Lovely!!!