Sunday, June 20, 2010

Morning

Mornings have become one of my favorite times of the day. This was not always the case as I am, at heart, a night owl. But the dogs have other ideas and they are truly morning creatures. So for the past year I have become a morning person, rising somewhere around 6:00, yes that is 6:00 am. Who would have thought that 6:00 comes around twice a day, but it does. ;-)

So after the dogs, one of my first tasks of the day is to let the chickens out of the hen pen, many mornings there is fog lifting from the creek and rising with the sun through the trees. Just an amazing sight and I thoroughly enjoy sitting out at the barn and watching the pasture come alive, hearing the birds in the trees. So these are my Straight Out of the Camera photos for this week. Pics from our barn, of the fog and the sun. A scene I enjoy most mornings.


9 comments:

hip chick said...

Beautiful. I love the gentle stillness of the early morning. I love the promise that it holds for the rest of the day. I love to hear the birds and animals waking up. I love to hear the neighbors waking up. My very favorite time of day.

Manang Kim said...

That is a beautiful site to see in the morning, very relaxing. Happy Sunday!
Yellow Hollyhock

Jan n Jer said...

The early morning is so peaceful to me...you did capture the landscape coming a live...I like that!

Sheri said...

Love the early morning light. Beautiful photos.

Jan said...

Love your photos, I've always been a morning person.

gengen said...

It looks pretty. Happy SOOC Sunday.

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Terrific early morning shots. I have always been a morning person so enjoy those times too.

sheaky.com said...

What a beautiful view. Nice shot!

Heather T. said...

These are wonderful photos, such a warm setting.